Thursday, January 1, 2015

31 Day Blog Challenge

Thanks to my WWsendthelove group, we're doing a 31 Day Challenge, so here goes:

Day 1

I'm Jana.
I'm a librarian by trade, I love animals, cross stitching, halloween, and horror.  I'm a little bit on the geeky side.  I've always had weight issues.  I recently reached my highest weight and decided I had to do something to become healthier.  I started weight watchers and am now 75 pounds lighter.  For the last two months I have been incorporating Beachbody programs into my lifestyle and absolutely love the support I get from the health groups.

Now for the fun part.

20 Facts About Me:

1.  I have a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science.  I only worked as a Librarian for 1 year after I graduated until I had to move out of state (SC) with my husband after he was transferred.  I now work as a Pet Sitter while I'm in the process of changing careers into the Health Administration/Medicial Coding/Billing field.

2.  I love reading.  Lately, I haven't had as much time as I'd like to read recreationally.  It's all textbooks for right now.

3.  I am a Southern girl living up north.  I'm originally from South Carolina, but have lived in New York for 3 years and now live outside of Philadelphia.  I want to move back South SOOO bad!

4.  I currently cancelled my WW membership and am going to try and do it on my own.  I have all the tools and know what to do.

5.  I just signed up to become a Beachbody coach.  Although I have not reached my goal, I want to help people who are struggling with their weight like I am.

6.  I really wanted to go to mortuary school – I’m fascinated by the human body and am afraid I missed my calling.

7. I have OCD. I really do. I count things and twist/pull my hair although not as bad as I used to. I actually had a bald spot at one time.

8. I love animals!

9.  I have extreme empathy. I feel other’s feelings. If I see someone crying, I start crying. If I see someone embarrassed, I become embarrassed. It’s really weird

10. I have arthritis, chronic ankle instability, and peroneal tendonitis in my feet, especially my left one. I am always worried about falling for no reason and have to watch where I’m stepping constantly. It also make walking long distances especially difficult. I am in pain quite a bit and sometimes it’s hard to get out of bed in the morning. It also makes working out difficult.

11. I have been married for almost 5 years; we met online.

12.  I grew up in the church but do not go anymore. I don’t believe in organized religion.

13. I’ve never really been sure if I wanted kids or not. They say if you’re not sure to not have any – my choice however is pretty much taken away from me since I have PCOS. I don’t want to try fertility drugs or anything like that – thankfully, my husband feels the same way. I knew this when we got married – we were both on the fence about kids.
14. I love Halloween, horror, gore, goth, the macabre, anything dark and scary!

15. I grew up in the South and miss it terribly.

16. I have three tattoos, however one has been lasered and I’m trying to figure out a cover up for it.

17. I HATE drama/dramatic people…they’re my biggest pet peeve.

18. I grew up in a single parent home. My dad left when I was four and my brother was 3 months. I still saw him regularly but it wasn’t the same

19. My mom is my best friend and confidant. I seriously don’t know what I would do without her.

20. I like to collect things and I’m always scared I’m going to become a hoarder. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment