Thursday, January 22, 2015

What I'm Trying to Figure Out

Day 22 of 31

What am I trying to figure out?

What am I NOT trying to figure out?!?!  There are so many things going on in my life that I'm trying to figure out what to do or how to do it.  Right now, the main things is what career I'm going to complete until I decide to retire.  I'm a librarian.  I went to grad school for library and information science.  I spent butt loads of money on my education and now librarianship is a dying career.  I haven't been able to find a job in 5 years as a Librarian.  So, I had to go back to the drawing board and just do SOMETHING.  I decided to go with medical coding and billing/health administration.  It's a growing occupation and there's always going to be somebody sick.  Even President Obama mentioned medical coding in his state of the union address 2 days ago.  So, I'm trying to figure out medical terminology, anatomy, codes, billing procedures, Medicare and Medicaid insurance.  It's ALOT harder than what I was thinking it was.  But, I'm still trucking.  Wish me luck!  My goal is to be CPC certified by the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! I'm trying to choose a career as well. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete